2 cups gluten-free flour mix (or white rice flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthum gum
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup Xylitol (found in natural food section)
1/2 cup butter (or I used 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup coconut butter..also in natural food store - no reason really, I was just out of butter!)
4 tsp vanilla extract (or you could use other extracts like lemon, rum, almond)
1. In medium bowl mix flour,baking powder, xanthum gum, cinnamon, and salt
2. In large bowl combine sugar and butter mix well
3. Add egg and vanilla (and other) extract to sugar and butter, mix in flour mixture well,
4. Chill in refrigerator 2 hrs.
5. Pre heat oven to 350 F,Grease baking sheet
6. Shaping options: Roll dough into 6-1 1/2 inch log rolls,slice into 1/4 inch slices. Or..roll out flat: about 1/4 inch (I used non-sweetened vanilla protein powder to keep it from sticking...adds more flavor) and cut into shapes. Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart
7. Bake for 10-12 min or until golden brown.
Makes about a dozen.
Okay, these are rough estimates because I wasn’t really using a solid recipe here.
1/4 c coconut butter (or reg butter if dairy is okay)
1/4 c sour cream
1 - 2 teaspoons xanthum gum
One dropper of liquid stevia (if flavored, that’s fine)
Vanilla or other extracts to taste.
Whip it to desired consistency. Texture is like marshmallow creme, taste for right amount of flavor. Add more xanthum gum if not thick enough.